Oh my goodness how scarey all of this is. Mr. Ballard I'm praying for you. Mrs. Ballard, Philip, and Stephanie I love you all very much and will pray that God will give you patience through this trial, and give you opportunities to share the love of Christ with all the hospital staff you're sure to get to know in the weeks to come.
I just saw Stephanie's post on Facebook and my heart sunk when I read about the accident. I'm a friend from Houston and I believe in the power of prayer... though I don't know the details of what happened or your condition currently, yes my heart sunk upon learning this news, but my spirits were lifted when I realized what a support system of love, belief and joy is around you!!
Houston is praying for a speeding recovery and believing the best for you!
Andy I along with this army of brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters are praying for your healing. You were created by his hand and it is in his hand that you are in now.
Andy, We have been praying for you since the accident, and will keep you lifted up in prayer. So many are praying. I can't wait to see you and talk with you... recover fully! Paul Gahm
Dear Andy and Carol, Bob and I treasure you. We have been lifting you up to our great God, asking Him to show Himself mighty in this circumstance. Stephanie and Philip, we are praying for you as well, that God will give you grace during this time. Taylor, thanks for setting this blog up. It is important to those who care to know what is going on without burdening the family. Blessings, Cindy King
Lots of prayers are coming your way from Houston! Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do! We love you very much and wish you a speedy recovery!!
You all are in our prayers and thoughts! How horrible for everyone. I'm just so thankful he has such a wonderful family gathered around him. I know he feels your love! Take good care of him. He's so precious! Love to you all, Lynda
Andy, Carol, Stephanie, Phillip Two of my favorite words in Scripture are "But God." But God is faithful; But God is able; But God is our healer. I pray that you will each live after "But God" for your every need throughout this time of need.
Brad and I are praying for a swift and complete recovery, with minimal pain and frustration. We ask our all-powerful Father for peace for Andy and his family, and that Andy will soon be 100 percent back to the lively husband, father, and friend that he is! Further, we ask for NO red tape, insurance hassles, or other unexpected expenses associated with a hospital stay and rehabilitation. Lord, please send miraculous provision for all of the Ballards needs during this time. Surround them with a network of supportive friends, family, and prayer warriors. May this horrifying accident result in glory for Your name. Comfort the families of the others involved in the accident, especially for the person who was killed. We thank You and praise You for sparing Andy's life, and again we ask for a complete recovery. We trust You as the Great Healer and know You are able.
We love you, Stephanie and Taylor, Carol, Philip and Andy! Thanks for the updates and please tell us what else we can do.
Steven and I are both praying for you Mr. Ballard and your whole family. We love your family dearly and know that God is listening to all of the prayers from those who love you. We pray that this be a time to draw each one of you closer to Christ and that you have a full recovery!
Ballard Family, Please let us know if you need anything!
I'm praying for you Mr. Ballard!!! I don't know you but I know you must be a pretty awesome guy since Mrs. Ballard married you... please get well very soon and know that you have alot of people praying hard for you. And I love you Mrs. Ballard, I'm praying for you too. Love Aeriel
Mr. Ballard, Mrs. Ballard, Stephanie and Phillip, We're praying for y'all! May God restore you to full health quickly, Mr. Ballard, and give you comfort even now. I love you guys!!! Abby Wilder
The Garcias and Lisenbes are praying for a fast recovery! I am so sorry that this happened but GOD HEALS! And with the power of all of our Prayers It will give you and your family comfort, healing, and hope:)
Dear Andy, Carol and Family, Please know that so many are going before the Father in prayer! We love you and are praying. Thank you for being such a sweet blessing! We will continue to pray and trust God together with you. The Flournoys
Wish we could be there to see you all and show our support. We love you all very much. You have Purepecha Indians praying for your recovery. We are rejoicing in what great news we are already hearing.
"Tell the godly that all will be well for them." Isaiah 3:10
Andy and Carol, we stand on God's true, inerrant and reliable Word today! We pray that your hearts and minds are set on things above rather than on earthly things as you wait on the Lord and His mighty promises.
Andy & Carol We are praying for a complete recovery for you Andy. May God minister to you today and heal you. Carol may God be your stength and peace. We are here for anything if you need us. Standing with God's Family in prayer for you. Wayne & Elora
Dear Carol, You and your family are in our prayers. God is so mysterious as to the why and He is also so full of complete healing. Love you, Stephanie Clark
Dear Andy and Carol, I am grateful for a loving and merciful God! We will continue to lift you up to our great physicain and place you into HIS hands! The power of prayer is an awesome thing and I will pray for comfort, both for you Andy and for your family! In HIS Grip, robin
Nancy and I continue to life you both up in prayer. We not only BELIEVE in it's power, but we KNOW God responds... We've seen it happen too many times to think otherwise. We will pray for healing, for patience, for protection and for rest for you both.
"The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; The LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."
You know you have our prayers and support! We love you all so much and have appreciated your love and friendship over the years. We are very encouraged by Andy's progress and know that it is God's hand on his life and yours.
Carol and family, What an AWESOME GOD we have! God KNOWS your faith and HE is with you. HE has seen the faith and love of all the people around you praying for Andy. HE is listening to ALL the prayers prayed for Andy. Blessings, Barbara Krause
Mr. Ballard, you are in our prayers along with the family and friends that are by your side. We pray for your strength and quick healing. God is with you always.
We are so glad to have received this e-mail today (Tues. 26th). Carol and Kids, we are praying for you. We ask the Lord for healing power for a swift recovery for Andy. Paul & Cheryl Williams Little Rock, Arkansas
I hope and pray that you get well soon. This news is quite scary. It sounds like you are fortunate to be alive. Know that your friends at TTI are wishing you and your family well. Be patient and rest right now. God bless you.
Dear Andy, Carol and Family, We're so saddened to hear about the accident, but are in prayer for a full recovery for you Andy, and peace beyond understanding for all the Ballard family. Love, Dave & Linda Fuentes
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. God is in the healing business, and we're praying (I've added this to the CBC Prayer List) for God's total and divine healing thru this time, and for the angels from Heaven to surround your family as you are in this season of the journey. God is the Great Physician, and we'll be lifting you up daily.
If there is anything at all we can do for you guys, don't hesitate to let us know.
Andy - Just read this terrible news but so glad to hear you are doing better. You are in my thoughts and prayers...look forward to seeing you up and around at ITE this summer.
Andy, We wish you a speedy recovery from this horrific event. We will keep you and your family in our prayers and look forward to many positive updates on your recovery.
I'm sure it was a scary experience seeing a pickup flying accross the median at you! And certainly scary for your family on hearing the news. I'll certainly keep you and them in our prayers this week.
Wow, shutting down a freeway - right next to TransGuide! Surely there will be some award for you at the next TexITE meeting! If you were looking for attention I think you've got it! :)
Can't wait to see you again. I'll be praying for a full recovery!
I am praying for restoration and healing to Andy's body and also for strength for his wife and children. God hears our prayers and will answer. I have forwarded the prayer request to other prayer partners.
God is able to do exceedingly, abudantly, above what we think or imagine. He will see you through this phase and you will live and tell of His awesome deliverance!! Praying with you for a swift recovery.
Just returned from my own vacation and daughters graduation so I had not heard about your accident until just now. My prayers are with you and your family. You have many friends within our ITE family. Please let us know if you or your family needs anything.
My family and I will say a prayer or three for your quick recovery and your family's well being. I know others in our traffic group are doing likewise. Based on the summary of the accident, I am not sure that Hollywood could have scripted/pulled off a more precise stunt. Maybe you could start a new life as a stunt coordinator for MGM. :)
Hey Andy, My wife and will keep you and your family in our prayers. May God bless you with a speedy and complete recovery. Obviously He isn’t done with you yet - so hurry up and get well and get back to living life, robustly and without fear. – Jim Herrin, HDR Austin
Dearest Andrew, Love you! Praying for peace, comfort, protection, & complete healing in God's time - for you,Carol,Steph,Taylor,Phil,Jack,Nadine,&Sarah. I am anxiously awaiting the next family dinner with another of your timeless "jokes". Love Diane
My wife and I will be keeping you and your family in our prayers and wish for your speedy recovery. I can't wait to send you another progress report :-)
Andy and Family: My heart and prayers go out to you in this time of need. I consider you (Andy) to be a friend, not just a co-worker.:-) I will pray you have a full and speedy recovery, so that you can get back to your family photo project(smile) as we both know these kind of projects can take years, so you need to get well and get back to it. :-) I am so happy to hear things are looking better today. My love goes out to you and your family. Ballard family draw your strength from your Heavenly Father, and we will do all the rest. Your Friend, Angela Henson HDR WHM Downtown Austin
I was so sad to hear this news. What a shocking event to experience. I can't even imagine how a vehicle gets launched in the air... Thank goodness, thank goodness, thank goodness you are safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope to see you in the Austin office soon!
I am praying for you and your family to have strength during this time of recovery. I ask Gods blessing on all of you. As Ashley said please keep us posted!
Andy, Penny and I will continue to pray for you and your family as you go through this trial. - John Black
22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you;he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Prov 24:16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again
Isaiah 40: 28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. 29 He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. 30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Matthew 11:2 Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples 3 and said to him, “Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?” 4 And Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: 5 the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. 6 And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”
Stephanie + The Ballards, My thoughts and prayers are with you all in this trying time. You are blessed with one another, and together with your love, and the good Lords graces from above, all will be ok. Please let us know if you all need anything...anything.
Andy- you all are in our prayers. You were SUPPOSED to be featured in the news story about winning the lottery, NOT the metro section. GET WELL! John Wolters- CIMS.
Linda and I are praying for you and I've asked our Sunday School class to do the same. I'm really encouraged by the humor and when I hear you are out of the woods, I'll go back to being a smart-aleck. I love you, Andy.
How can I keep from singing Your praise, how can I ever say enough how amazing is Your love...Praise God from Whom all blessings flow...Our God is an awesome God...My soul is flooded with gratefulness for God's favor in answering our prayers. Constantly lifting you up to our Father. Much love, Cheryl Gahm
I just saw you a few weeks ago at the Mun. Plz. Bldg. Never expected to see you like this....Please know that your COSA friends are keeping you in their prayers. Hope to see your smiling face again in our CIMS office soon!!! Annie Menchaca/COSA/CIMS-Contracts
Andy, Me and mine are praying for your your speedy recovery. This is one of the few useful blogs that I have ever seen, so say a big thank you to whoever set it up. See you soon.
Dearest Carol and Andrew, I have been praying since I first got the call about the accident. I know that our Lord is the greatest physician of all. I know that HE has put in exactly where you need to be and that all that has been and will be done will help you to heal swiftly. With God nothing is impossible and I know His Will will be done in all things. I continue to pray for you and your family. Taylor, Thanks for setting this up!!! Love, Nita
It's so amazing to read about the progress Andy is making! I pray that the surgery tomorrow will have no complications and that Andy will have a speedy recovery, and be moved out of ICU! Your family is in my prayers. Matthew 7:7-8
Thanks so much for the photography!!! Andy, you look sooooooooooo much better than I imagined!! It's miraculous that you are all in one piece!! You're tougher than I thought!! Looks like all the prayers are doing great work. You'll be entering the Mr. America contest before we know it! Take it easy on the surgeons tomorrow!! Feel better soon!! Love, Lynda
Andy, Know that you are in our prayers for continued healing and that your precious family is being lifted up for peace, comfort and strength for the days ahead. Our God is the Great Physician and he has HIS hand on you and your family. We thank the Lord for his grace and mercy and know that HE will be glorified through all of this. Isaiah 41:10 says, Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
How awesome that the Lord is holding YOU and your family with HIS righteous right hand!!! Love & Blessings to all of you, Bryan, Carol, Candice, Kristen & Courtney Collie
You, your family and the others involved have been on my heart since I saw the aftermath of the accident. I believe that the Lord is a powerful and faithful master! By His stripes we are healed, and by His grace we have peace during tough times. I will continue to pray for your healing, and for peace and comfort to surround you and your family until this journey is complete.
Wow Carol...after all he's been through Andy's still as witty, charming, mischievous (plotting a Red Sox road trip !), and handsome as ever... atta boy, Andy...God is good ! Julie
To Andy and all the Ballard family, our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time. We are so glad to hear that Andy is imroving and that there is reason for optimism! May God bless and keep you all.
May God Bless you and your family during this time. May God's miracles and grace be revealed each day during your recovery. Surviving such a terrible accident is a clear sign that God has a plan for Andy to continue here with his family by his side for a long time to come. May God Bless each of you as you aide him in his recovery.
Andy, my family and I will be praying for you to recover soon. I'm very glad to see you doing better and thanks to your family for creating this blog to keep us inform of how you are doing.
Andy and Carol, We are praying for you all! So glad to hear today's good report and trusting the Lord with you. Love and blessings, Mark and Jeanie Postell and family
You've been on my mind and in my prayers since I heard about the accident. I was so happy to read the latest update this morning on your amazing recovery. I will continue praying that your speedy recovery continues. Can't wait to see you back at the office!!
The Matocha's will keep Andy lifted up in prayer, as well as the rest of the family. Karen and Monica have never met Stephanie but know how happy she has made Taylor. Taylor, we miss you! Andy, we will keep praying for your TOTAL HEALING and know that God will use this situation to bring Glory to His name. We look forward to meeting you some day.
You and your family have been in my prayers since I heard about the accident. I pray that you are fully recovered and that we see your smilling face soon.
Andy- Best wishes for a speedy recovery...I need one of my favorite traffic engineers back in shape to help explain to me how signals don't create time!
Andy, We are all praying for a speedy recovery and are so thankful for the amazing progress you have been making. I had a voicemail from you in my mailbox that you left on Friday last week which I received on Tuesday morning. Can't help but listen to it repeatedly. Get well soon. Can't wait to see you. We all love you.
Carol, Stephanie, Phillip and Taylor, Please let us know if there is anything we can do. We are all praying for Andy and his speedy recovery and can't wait to visit him soon. Thanks for the updates thru the blog.
We got word last night about your accident and though it was a shock, watching God work through this circumstance by way of this prayer wall alone is no surprise! We are grateful for the person that you are and for the work you willingly and joyfully do for the Lord. This is your time to rest and recoup and let God heal you in all the wonderful ways He does that! Our prayer is that you and your family are experiencing His love in more ways than you can imagine....that you will heal quickly... and that you all will find peace in God's protective arms as you trust Him to be your source in every moment and for everything. Blessings, Duane & Katie Wallace
Dear Andy, Carol and Family, We are all praying for your speedy recovery up here in North Texas. Hopefully, the only thing that will change in your life after your recovery is that you will set off metal detectors at airports like I do. Love Cousin David. b1dsb01@verizon.net
Wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and your family as you get through this. Hang in there and remember that lots of people care about you.
Hello Andy, Carol, Stephanie, Philip and Taylor. Our son Stephen passed the news of Andy's accident along to us from Stephanie's Facebook. We're so sorry to hear this news but feel encouraged by the updates. As soon as we heard, prayers went up from here. We'll continue to lift all of you up for it affects the whole family. We love and miss you all. Glad to hear of Andy's humor. Hugs from the Elliots in DC.
I REALLY FEEL LIKE I AM PART OF YOUR FAMILY. YOUR MOM AND DAD ARE SO VERY SPECIAL TO ME. WE ARE PRAYING FOR A COMPLETE RECOVERY AND THANKING GOD IN ADVANCE. GOD IS SO GOOD. WE HERE IN KERRVILLE AT FBC AND MANY OTHERS IN HARLINGEN,TX. ARE PRAYINGTOO. GET WELL SOON!
Get better soon. I know that God is wathcing over you and is keeping your family in His loving arms while you are healing. Thank you for all the things you do, You are a blessing to so many.
Carol, Thank you for keeping everyone updated with this blog. Please know that the Lord is watching over you and the rest of your family.
You've been in my thoughts and prayers...I also let our WW friends and leaders know how you're doing...you better be counting those points on your hospital food....just kidding...you don't want to know!!!!
Praise the Lord that He has been watching over you. You are one of His sons in which He has been well pleased. We are continuing to lift up you and you wife in our prayers. We know that the Lord will heal you and restore you. He still has great plans for you, so take this opportunity to rest up. Be blessed brother and we will see you soon.
P.S. If you didn't want to hear the teaching I was going to give, you could have just said so. LOL!!
To my old friend Andy (and I do mean old) and his perpetually young wife Carol, our thoughts and prayers are with you every minute. May God's love and grace wash over both of you and bring you comfort and healing.
(You'll need the comfort when you see these pictures of you in a flowered hospital gown on the Internet.)
Hey Uncle Andy & Aunt Carol, Steph & Taylor, and my Aggie cousin, Phil! I love ya'll oh so much, and I have been praying for God's hands to be placed upon each and every person who helps Andy. I have been praying for a strong peace of mind for everyone, and for quick healing for everyone - physically and emotionally. I have my College Station/Bryan & Houston friends praying. I also have my dads family praying. I love ya'll, and I will see ya'll soon! -Ellen
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. My family and I will continue to pray for your rapid recovery. May you and your family continue to be surrounded by God's angels.
Andy, We missed you at group Tues night and we are in prayer for you and your family. You are truly in God's good graces. Relax in God's hands and let Him take control.
Andy, hurry and get better. Everyone at HDR misses your smiley face and wacky sense of humor. We've had so many calls to see how you're doing that I know prayers and good thoughts are coming your way from HDR offices all over.
Have been praying for you and will continue to. Please know that everyone in the office wants you back and is praying for your complete recovery. Do what they tell you to do. I know from experience. With all that metal, you can join me with my metal knee in the airport security wanding line.
We are so thrilled to see our loving God answering our collective prayers for Andy to enjoy a full recovery and for Carol to be surrounded by God's comfort and peace!
Although the road to recovery is not finished we all have much reason to celebrate!
Andy, hadn't heard about you in some time, but this was unexpected, especially to a great guy. I'm so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. You've got a great support group & family there for you. Our prayers are with you. May the blessings be, COSA/Pub Wks/Streets-Roni
Not sure about the Orange & White prayer partners (HA, HA) but I know you have had 5 Aggies(2 by choice) praying and giving thanks to GOD for your speedy recovery and for comfort and strength for your family. I praise God for each blog entry that tells of your improvment.
It has been a long time since our days at the Wesley Foundation at A&M. My sister forwarded the news of your accident to me and I have passed it along to our old Wesley friends. You and your family have been in our prayers and We are glad to see that you are progressing right along. Your maroon and white count is growing in numbers. Love,
Howdy Andy! I just got a chance to see this blog and it sounds like you've made some wonderful progress, Thank Jesus! You made me worry with the makin' comments about being in orange and white!!:o) All the guys at CBC are praying for you, and are ready to help out however we can! Gig Em'
Andy: I'm praying for your quick recovery. Know that He is aware of your plight, and that in time you will see Him work everything for good as crazy as that sounds now. I broke a leg in 2005 and have screws and plates, but never know they're there so be encouraged that when He heals, He really heals!!!!
Andy it is so good to see that you are doing so much better. Carol's and your dedication to each other is so beautiful. Your mutual devotion to Christ is beautiful also. May God continue to watch over you and Carol and the kids.
Thank God.
Taylor...thank-you so very much for this site to keep us posted. It was a tremendous resource of information to releive concern with the daily updates.
Being a loving and thouhtful sister, Sarah sent me an e mail Tuesday with the URL for Taylor's blog. David and family, Phil and family,Debra and Rich have all been alerted and are praying for your full recovery as well as for Carol, Stephanie, Phillip, and Taylor. I was in shock and tried to send a message to you at that time but lacked experience with the web! You have always been Christ centered, and I know our heavenly father's Love is surrounding you and your family. Please know we all love you and look forward to your full recovery. Aunt Joyce
Andy---We are so glad to hear that you're doing so much better now. We will continue to pray for you and your family everyday.
This blogspot is a true testament to how important you are to all of us---friends, family, coworkers, and even your own competitors (LOL!)---that's how great a person you are and we can't wait to see you soon.
We are amazed at God's mercy and healing in Andy. We are praying for you all, the whole family, knowing that God will continue to draw you unto himself, renewing not only Andy but amkeing all of you a new creation, a living testament of our God.
Father God, you have all authority in Heaven and on Earth. You hold the universe in order by the authority of your Word. Lord, we ask you to remember your servant, Andy, and his family. In the name of Jesus, we invite you to enter into their domain, specifically, the domain that is Andy's body. Speak a word of restoration, that Andy and his family would be fully restored. Thank you Father.
I just found out about this blog, and I see that you have been making jokes. I know a little about brain injury, and making jokes is a higher order executive function, so that means your brain is working pretty well. Keep making jokes! Laughter is the best medicine, and you will never have a better audience. You will get more laughs than you ever expected, because everyone is so relieved that you still have a sense of humor after a truck fell on your head. Be sure the nurse is listening when you say something funny, and then maybe he or she will write it in the chart. This will be a permanent record of how funny you are. Also, if you can demonstrate that your brain is working by making jokes, they may move you to a quieter part of the hospital. It is difficult to get any rest with all those beepers and buzzers going off. Here’s another idea: if you want to have a little fun with the nurses and doctors, you can pretend to have unusual neurological symptoms that they have never encountered before. For example, if they ask you to name 3 states, pronounce them backwards, like this: “Saxet, Amohalko, Anaisiuol.” Or if they ask you where you live, give the address of the hospital or the address of the person who is asking you the question, if you can find that out in advance. You can also give a nonsensical answer and then ask the nurse to whisper the question in your other ear and give the correct answer. If this note is being read aloud to you in your hospital room, I hope the nurse is listening. Nurses are the backbone of the hospital, and the only health care professionals who truly put the patient first. There, that should put the nurse’s mind at ease and I can get on with my advice. It is a good idea to stay on the nurse’s good side at all times. If the nurse is looking a little tired or fatigued, you can say, “You look incredible in that outfit.” This works for men and women, even if they are wearing the same old pair of scrubs that they wore yesterday. I should say that if you make up too many crazy symptoms, the neurologist may come back to see you. A neurologist can usually figure out if you are making things up. However, you can still have some fun by complaining of pain in unusual places, like your hair or your toenails. There aren’t any nerve endings in the hair or toenails, of course, but it is difficult to argue with a patient about pain. I am only half kidding about all of this. Nurses and doctors are great people, but it never hurts to remind them that you are a real person and not just a disease in a bed. They don’t mind being reminded. It makes them feel like they are really doing some good, which they are. Sandra and I are adding our prayers to those of your family and friends, but if you don’t get 100% better right way, please keep in mind that we are Methodists and we are praying as hard as we can. Cousin Tom
Carol, we are praying for all of you. The brain is an amazing organ cuz an AMAZING God designed it! Remember our niece that was in an awful wreck? She is 100% ok these years later and she had had a severe brain injury. Just a reminder of what you all already know that God is still in the miracle business. Thank you for the witness you are to God's grace. You are loved, Amil, Lynne, Brad & Ashley Ortiz
Dear Cousin Andy, You're in our thoughts each day, and we pray for your rapid recovery. That you've been moved to the rehab unit already is a good sign of the progress you're making. We thank Taylor for setting up this blog to keep everyone posted. Love, Debra (Ballard) and Rich Homa
What a mighty God we serve! What a privilege it is to pray for all of you.
Carol, how can I help? I'm here in S.A. until the middle of June. I will do anything to help you. My forte is, as always, manual labor. For you, though, I'll even try to muster up talent. I love you so much.
Stephanie, Phillip, and Taylor, I love y'all so much, too. I'm hoping to get to hug each of you sometime this summer. Please make sure my name is at the top of the list of "folks to go to when you need something."
When you called that Saturday, Carol, I was so frightened all I could pray was, "Jesus, please." I repeated that over and over and over. As Bob prayed for Andy,in the waiting room, he used the phrase "in Jesus' name" so many times. Since then, I find myself speaking the name of Jesus throughout the day: for Andy, for you, for my family, for all of us.
Hi! I just can't stop praying for you peeps! I just love you all so much!
I have also enjoyed reading other comments posted (even though they are not written to me, but to you)...and, I did notice the recent change in blog colors...burnt orange to a maroon if I am not mistaken.
Andy, You have been in our thoughts and prayers every day. We are so thankful for the healing that is taking place and we pray that the Lord will restore you to full health very soon. We are also praying for Carol and your kids as we know this has been such an emotional time for them all. (We are friends of the Gahm family.) God bless you. Jack and Cheryl Martin
Dear Andy, Carol and family, We are praying for complete healing and restoration from our Lord. Our thoughts are with you as we continue to hold you all in prayer. Linda Scruggs
Father God, You are the Everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. You never grow weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of Your understanding. You give power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Lord, Andy needs strength and is weak because of his injury. I pray that You would grant power and strength to Andy and to each of his family members whom wait on You.(Isaiah 40:29)
Thinking about you all. I know this is a tough time. Let me know if I can help in any way. I know it's hard to ask others to do things if you need it done, but just tell taylor to hit me up if you all need some help :) ~Jonny Hawkins
What great blessings God has given you - not only a wonderful wife and children, but friends, doctors and caregivers. I see genuine heartfelt wishes from people that I did not know had a heart (jk!) I do believe that God put that caring heart in all of us and times like these reveal it.
We are so thankful to Taylor for keeping us informed.
As someone said, please don't let the inevitable temporary setbacks cause you to despair. If I find out that you did, I'll come there, invite you to lunch and then let you pay (inside joke).
It is wonderful to read about the steady progress Andy is making. Thinking back to the Sunday after the accident when I got Carol's call it is hard to believe how much progress you have made Andy. Just as I shared in the sadness and despair when getting the news of the accident I am so happy and grateful that I can now rejoice in the good news.
God Bless! Get well soon - you are missed at work.
Andy, I take back what I said about teasing the doctors. It's too strenuous. I imagine getting well will be your full time job for a while. I hope you get plenty of rest.
This is encouraging news that Andy is making such good progress and will be able to go home. PTL!! We will continue to lift all of you up as you enter this new phase of healing. Love to all. David and Holly Elliot
Andy, we are so glad to see how God is answering prayers. The big crisis is behind you now, but there will be little ones to come, and much to endure. God will be with you then, too. And so will all our thoughts and prayers. Have peace, good friend.
WE know that God answers prayers in his own way and time. It sounds as if our many prayers are being answered - it is wonderful to know that Andy is well enough to go home. I will continue to pray for Andy's full recovery and strength for the family to be well through these challenging times.
Andy I appreciate you and have been and will continue to pray for your recovery and the well being of your family. I hope to see you in good spirits soon.
Still thinking of you often brother. It's great to see that you've made it home and are progressing well. It's always good to be home! Look forward to seeing you. I'll keep you in my prayers.
I think about how your doing everyday and I have been praying for you. I am glad to see that God has answered my prayers and that you are recovering just fine. Miss seeing you around!! See you soon!! God bless!!
Dear Ballards, what an ordeal! I know firsthand how overwhelming all of this can be. Doctors, doctors and more doctors--the appointments can seem never ending. But know this, they will end. One day this will be over and you will realize that the Lord has given you a story to tell about His goodness, faithfulness, never ending strength, and about the love that you have experienced through your friends, family and total strangers. Our duty is to tell that story and never forget who brought us through. Blessings to you all, keep strong, find your sense of humor in this and know that we are praying for you.
Your fellow sufferers and celebraters in Christ, The Jack Family
ps our car was committed to the trash heap, too. wonders never cease!
Many, many, many of you have asked how you might help Andy and the family. We are so thankful for your sincere offers and concern.
First and foremost, we welcome and cherish your prayers and comments on this blog! Please leave comments to encourage Andy and his family.
Many have asked if you can help with meals and other issues. Again thank you so much for your concerns. For now the meals have been graciously taken care of.
If you have any further questions related to how you can help, please contact Andy's son-in-law Taylor via email at info@thepcmgroup.com
We are praying for you Andy! We thank God for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for your prayers and support!
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for you Andy! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness how scarey all of this is. Mr. Ballard I'm praying for you. Mrs. Ballard, Philip, and Stephanie I love you all very much and will pray that God will give you patience through this trial, and give you opportunities to share the love of Christ with all the hospital staff you're sure to get to know in the weeks to come.
ReplyDeleteI just saw Stephanie's post on Facebook and my heart sunk when I read about the accident. I'm a friend from Houston and I believe in the power of prayer... though I don't know the details of what happened or your condition currently, yes my heart sunk upon learning this news, but my spirits were lifted when I realized what a support system of love, belief and joy is around you!!
ReplyDeleteHouston is praying for a speeding recovery and believing the best for you!
Daddy,
ReplyDeleteWe love you and are fervently asking the Lord to heal you completely and perfectly back to the wonderful person you are. We love you SO much!
Andy, you are in my prayers!
ReplyDeletePraying for a speedy and full recovery. May God's peace and grace comfort and strengthen each of you, and with long life may Andy be satisfied with.
ReplyDeletelet me know if you need anything tg.
-justin keller
Please know that you and your family are in your thoughts and prayers ~ Bill, Kimberly, Madison and Gunnar
ReplyDeleteAndy I along with this army of brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters are praying for your healing. You were created by his hand and it is in his hand that you are in now.
ReplyDelete-MO
Andy,
ReplyDeleteWe have been praying for you since the accident, and will keep you lifted up in prayer. So many are praying. I can't wait to see you and talk with you... recover fully!
Paul Gahm
Dear Andy and Carol,
ReplyDeleteBob and I treasure you. We have been lifting you up to our great God, asking Him to show Himself mighty in this circumstance. Stephanie and Philip, we are praying for you as well, that God will give you grace during this time. Taylor, thanks for setting this blog up. It is important to those who care to know what is going on without burdening the family.
Blessings,
Cindy King
Love you guys. We are praying for a full and complete recovery.
ReplyDeletePeggy & fam
Hi Carol & Andy!
ReplyDeleteLots of prayers are coming your way from Houston! Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do! We love you very much and wish you a speedy recovery!!
Diana Harris (Hendrex)
We are praying praying praying for you, Andy! We love you guys!
ReplyDeletePraying now
ReplyDeleteYou all are in our prayers and thoughts! How horrible for everyone. I'm just so thankful he has such a wonderful family gathered around him. I know he feels your love! Take good care of him. He's so precious!
ReplyDeleteLove to you all,
Lynda
My family is praying for you, Andy. May God touch you with His healing hand and walk beside your family as you heal.
ReplyDeleteIn His strength alone,
Judy Watters
Andy, Carol, Stephanie, Phillip
ReplyDeleteTwo of my favorite words in Scripture are "But God." But God is faithful; But God is able; But God is our healer. I pray that you will each live after "But God" for your every need throughout this time of need.
Love,
Martha
Brad and I are praying for a swift and complete recovery, with minimal pain and frustration. We ask our all-powerful Father for peace for Andy and his family, and that Andy will soon be 100 percent back to the lively husband, father, and friend that he is! Further, we ask for NO red tape, insurance hassles, or other unexpected expenses associated with a hospital stay and rehabilitation. Lord, please send miraculous provision for all of the Ballards needs during this time. Surround them with a network of supportive friends, family, and prayer warriors. May this horrifying accident result in glory for Your name. Comfort the families of the others involved in the accident, especially for the person who was killed. We thank You and praise You for sparing Andy's life, and again we ask for a complete recovery. We trust You as the Great Healer and know You are able.
ReplyDeleteWe love you, Stephanie and Taylor, Carol, Philip and Andy! Thanks for the updates and please tell us what else we can do.
Steven and I are both praying for you Mr. Ballard and your whole family. We love your family dearly and know that God is listening to all of the prayers from those who love you. We pray that this be a time to draw each one of you closer to Christ and that you have a full recovery!
ReplyDeleteBallard Family, Please let us know if you need anything!
The Williamsons
I'm praying for you Mr. Ballard!!! I don't know you but I know you must be a pretty awesome guy since Mrs. Ballard married you... please get well very soon and know that you have alot of people praying hard for you. And I love you Mrs. Ballard, I'm praying for you too. Love Aeriel
ReplyDeleteMr. Ballard, Mrs. Ballard, Stephanie and Phillip,
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for y'all! May God restore you to full health quickly, Mr. Ballard, and give you comfort even now. I love you guys!!!
Abby Wilder
The Garcias and Lisenbes are praying for a fast recovery! I am so sorry that this happened but GOD HEALS! And with the power of all of our Prayers It will give you and your family comfort, healing, and hope:)
ReplyDeleteCarol -
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you, your husband and your family. Love, Vicki
Steph
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that your family are in my prayers and I hope your dad recovers soon! Let me know if you need anything.
Kat
Dear Andy, Carol and Family,
ReplyDeletePlease know that so many are going before the Father in prayer! We love you and are praying. Thank you for being such a sweet blessing! We will continue to pray and trust God together with you. The Flournoys
Wish we could be there to see you all and show our support. We love you all very much. You have Purepecha Indians praying for your recovery. We are rejoicing in what great news we are already hearing.
ReplyDeletePhil,
ReplyDeleteGod is a miracle worker and we will be praying for his healing power and quick recovery for your dad.I hope he gets better soon...Precious
praying.
ReplyDeleteAndy & Carol,
ReplyDeleteNancy & I are praying for Andy's full and speedy recovery, and for God's peace throughout this ordeal.
Lewis
"Tell the godly that all will be well for them." Isaiah 3:10
ReplyDeleteAndy and Carol, we stand on God's true, inerrant and reliable Word today! We pray that your hearts and minds are set on things above rather than on earthly things as you wait on the Lord and His mighty promises.
The Tablers
Andy & Carol
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for a complete recovery for you Andy. May God minister to you today and heal you. Carol may God be your stength and peace. We are here for anything if you need us. Standing with God's Family in prayer for you.
Wayne & Elora
Dear Carol,
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in our prayers. God is so mysterious as to the why and He is also so full of complete healing.
Love you,
Stephanie Clark
Dear Andy and Carol,
ReplyDeleteI am grateful for a loving and merciful God! We will continue to lift you up to our great physicain and place you into HIS hands! The power of prayer is an awesome thing and I will pray for comfort, both for you Andy and for your family!
In HIS Grip,
robin
i'm praying for your dad, stephanie!
ReplyDelete-faith
Andy & Carol
ReplyDeleteNancy and I continue to life you both up in prayer. We not only BELIEVE in it's power, but we KNOW God responds... We've seen it happen too many times to think otherwise. We will pray for healing, for patience, for protection and for rest for you both.
"The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; The LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."
Frank & Nancy
Carol
ReplyDeleteYou know you have our prayers and support! We love you all so much and have appreciated your love and friendship over the years. We are very encouraged by Andy's progress and know that it is God's hand on his life and yours.
Blessings on your family!
Bob Allen
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDelete-collin
Carol and family,
ReplyDeleteWhat an AWESOME GOD we have! God KNOWS your faith and HE is with you. HE has seen the faith and love of all the people around you praying for Andy. HE is listening to ALL the prayers prayed for Andy.
Blessings, Barbara Krause
Mr. Ballard, you are in our prayers along with the family and friends that are by your side. We pray for your strength and quick healing. God is with you always.
ReplyDeleteZach Boatwright
I ask God Almighty for comfort for you and your family. Hold Fast Hope, and Hold Strong.
ReplyDeleteAndy,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your speedy recovery.
Gary Thomas, TTI
Andy - You are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad to have received this e-mail today (Tues. 26th). Carol and Kids, we are praying for you. We ask the Lord for healing power for a swift recovery for Andy.
ReplyDeletePaul & Cheryl Williams
Little Rock, Arkansas
Dear Andy,
ReplyDeleteI hope and pray that you get well soon. This news is quite scary. It sounds like you are fortunate to be alive. Know that your friends at TTI are wishing you and your family well. Be patient and rest right now. God bless you.
Joan German Hudson
Dear Andy, Carol and Family,
ReplyDeleteWe're so saddened to hear about the accident, but are in prayer for a full recovery for you Andy, and peace beyond understanding for all the Ballard family.
Love,
Dave & Linda Fuentes
Andy-
ReplyDeleteI have you in my thoughts and prayers! Get well Soon!
Carol and Andy,
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts and prayers are with your family. God is in the healing business, and we're praying (I've added this to the CBC Prayer List) for God's total and divine healing thru this time, and for the angels from Heaven to surround your family as you are in this season of the journey. God is the Great Physician, and we'll be lifting you up daily.
If there is anything at all we can do for you guys, don't hesitate to let us know.
In Him,
Ken Hicks (and your community at CBC)
Andy - Just read this terrible news but so glad to hear you are doing better. You are in my thoughts and prayers...look forward to seeing you up and around at ITE this summer.
ReplyDeleteTom Fowler
Please know that the ITE family is pulling for you and ready to assist in any way we can.
ReplyDeleteAndy,
ReplyDeleteWe wish you a speedy recovery from this horrific event. We will keep you and your family in our prayers and look forward to many positive updates on your recovery.
Bill and Bianca Thorpe
Andy & the Ballard Family
ReplyDeletePraying for physical, emotional and spiritual strength in the days ahead.
Terry McDaniel, A TexITE Friend
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI have you in my thoughts and prayers.
Alex Reyna
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it was a scary experience seeing a pickup flying accross the median at you! And certainly scary for your family on hearing the news. I'll certainly keep you and them in our prayers this week.
Wow, shutting down a freeway - right next to TransGuide! Surely there will be some award for you at the next TexITE meeting! If you were looking for attention I think you've got it! :)
Can't wait to see you again. I'll be praying for a full recovery!
Paul Luedtke
I am praying for restoration and healing to Andy's body and also for strength for his wife and children. God hears our prayers and will answer. I have forwarded the prayer request to other prayer partners.
ReplyDeleteDiane Womble
Psalm 91
We love you a bunch. Keep on healing. Many prayers going up for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteAndy & The Ballard Family,
ReplyDeleteWe pray for a speedy recovery! We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Kris, HDR co-worker
God is able to do exceedingly, abudantly, above what we think or imagine. He will see you through this phase and you will live and tell of His awesome deliverance!! Praying with you for a swift recovery.
ReplyDeleteKwaku, TTI
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeletePraprut Songchitruksa
Our prayers are with you and your family! Godspeed on your recovery!!!
ReplyDeleteCandice, Travis & Tyler Thompson
We hope for a speedy recovery. We will be praying for Andy and his family. We hope all his upcoming surgeries are uneventful. God bless.
ReplyDeleteChad and Amy(wife), HDR coworker
Andy,
ReplyDeleteJust returned from my own vacation and daughters graduation so I had not heard about your accident until just now. My prayers are with you and your family. You have many friends within our ITE family. Please let us know if you or your family needs anything.
Blessings,
Dave Carter
Andy,
ReplyDeleteMy family and I will say a prayer or three for your quick recovery and your family's well being. I know others in our traffic group are doing likewise. Based on the summary of the accident, I am not sure that Hollywood could have scripted/pulled off a more precise stunt. Maybe you could start a new life as a stunt coordinator for MGM. :)
Brian Shewski
Andy, thank you for the man of God that you are. Your ITE extended family is fervently in prayer for your speedy and full recovery.
ReplyDeleteDale Picha
Hey Andy, My wife and will keep you and your family in our prayers. May God bless you with a speedy and complete recovery.
ReplyDeleteObviously He isn’t done with you yet - so hurry up and get well and get back to living life, robustly and without fear. – Jim Herrin, HDR Austin
Dearest Andrew,
ReplyDeleteLove you! Praying for peace, comfort, protection, & complete healing in God's time - for you,Carol,Steph,Taylor,Phil,Jack,Nadine,&Sarah.
I am anxiously awaiting the next family dinner with another of your timeless "jokes".
Love Diane
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your speedy recovery.
Ganesh TTI
Hi Andy,
ReplyDeleteMy wife and I will be keeping you and your family in our prayers and wish for your speedy recovery. I can't wait to send you another progress report :-)
Tejas
Andy and Family:
ReplyDeleteMy heart and prayers go out to you in this time of need. I consider you (Andy) to be a friend, not just a co-worker.:-) I will pray you have a full and speedy recovery, so that you can get back to your family photo project(smile) as we both know these kind of projects can take years, so you need to get well and get back to it. :-)
I am so happy to hear things are looking better today. My love goes out to you and your family. Ballard family draw your strength from your Heavenly Father, and we will do all the rest.
Your Friend,
Angela Henson
HDR WHM Downtown Austin
Stephanie and family,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for a quick recovery for your dad and strength for your family. Please keep your friends at PDR up to date on his progress.
Ashley Simpson
I have you in my thoughts and wish you a full recovery. Take care Andy!
ReplyDeleteGarry
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI was so sad to hear this news. What a shocking event to experience. I can't even imagine how a vehicle gets launched in the air... Thank goodness, thank goodness, thank goodness you are safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope to see you in the Austin office soon!
Sincerely,
Kathy Hornaday
Stephanie and family/
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and your family to have strength during this time of recovery. I ask Gods blessing on all of you. As Ashley said please keep us posted!
Heather Van Ravenswaay
Andy, Penny and I will continue to pray for you and your family as you go through this trial. - John Black
ReplyDelete22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you;he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Prov 24:16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again
Isaiah 40: 28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Matthew 11:2 Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples
3 and said to him, “Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?”
4 And Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: 5 the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. 6 And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”
Stephanie + The Ballards,
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you all in this trying time. You are blessed with one another, and together with your love, and the good Lords graces from above, all will be ok. Please let us know if you all need anything...anything.
Clara M Karnei
We speak a speedy recovery and complete healing over you Andy in Jesus name. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteDoug & Lisa Stringer
Andy,
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish you a speedy recovery and the very best to your family. Can't wait to see you, soon!
Leslie, HDR
Andy and family, am thinking about you and wish you the fastest recovery....God was with you on ths one.....
ReplyDeleteKandis
Andy- you all are in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteYou were SUPPOSED to be featured in the news story about winning the lottery, NOT the metro section. GET WELL! John Wolters- CIMS.
Andy,
ReplyDeleteWe wish you a healthy and speedy recovery.
-Reema and Rajat (El Paso)
Hi Andy,
ReplyDeleteWish you a speedy recovery. You are in our prayers. See you soon.
BP
Andy, Carol and Family,
ReplyDeleteJennifer and I are praying for a quick and complete recovery by God's grace. May the Lord shower you all with the blessings of healing and patience.
God Bless,
David McBeth
Andy,
ReplyDeleteThank GOD for your current and future recovery. You and your family will be in my prayers that HE may continue to watch over you.
YBIC
Craig Stong
Andy and Carol -
ReplyDeleteLinda and I are praying for you and I've asked our Sunday School class to do the same. I'm really encouraged by the humor and when I hear you are out of the woods, I'll go back to being a smart-aleck. I love you, Andy.
Bill Stockton
Andy,
ReplyDeleteMy family and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. May the Lord bless you and your family during this trying time.
Rich Jardim
Wilbur Smith Associates, San Antonio
So glad to see you're making great progress Andy! God is Good! We have been thinking of your whole family and praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Sergio & Laura
How can I keep from singing Your praise, how can I ever say enough how amazing is Your love...Praise God from Whom all blessings flow...Our God is an awesome God...My soul is flooded with gratefulness for God's favor in answering our prayers. Constantly lifting you up to our Father. Much love, Cheryl Gahm
ReplyDeleteAndy and Family --
ReplyDeleteYou are in our prayers and we hope you get back to full speed quickly.
John and Robin Rinehart
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI just saw you a few weeks ago at the Mun. Plz. Bldg. Never expected to see you like this....Please know that your COSA friends are keeping you in their prayers. Hope to see your smiling face again in our CIMS office soon!!! Annie Menchaca/COSA/CIMS-Contracts
Andy,
ReplyDeleteMe and mine are praying for your your speedy recovery. This is one of the few useful blogs that I have ever seen, so say a big thank you to whoever set it up. See you soon.
Gilmer and Connie Gaston
Prince of Peace, take hold of your son. Be glorified in Andy! Bless you in Jesus Name.
ReplyDeleteWe thank the Lord for you and agree as one, "Death and sickness has been defeated!"
Dearest Carol and Andrew,
ReplyDeleteI have been praying since I first got the call about the accident. I know that our Lord is the greatest physician of all. I know that HE has put in exactly where you need to be and that all that has been and will be done will help you to heal swiftly. With God nothing is impossible and I know His Will will be done in all things. I continue to pray for you and your family.
Taylor,
Thanks for setting this up!!! Love, Nita
It's so amazing to read about the progress Andy is making! I pray that the surgery tomorrow will have no complications and that Andy will have a speedy recovery, and be moved out of ICU!
ReplyDeleteYour family is in my prayers.
Matthew 7:7-8
Andy:
ReplyDeleteI pray for your full and speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Kathleen Buckalew
We are all praying for constantly and thanking God for the great recovery signs!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Tom, Barb, Jordan, Tyler & Ben
Thanks so much for the photography!!! Andy, you look sooooooooooo much better than I imagined!! It's miraculous that you are all in one piece!! You're tougher than I thought!! Looks like all the prayers are doing great work. You'll be entering the Mr. America contest before we know it! Take it easy on the surgeons tomorrow!! Feel better soon!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lynda
Mr. Andy,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you. I hope you feel better.
Love, Madison Elliott
Carol & kids --
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much for the updates and photos. I am so relieved to hear that Andy is recovering, and we pray that he continues to improve.
Cathy (HDR coworker) & Les Tolbert
Andy,
ReplyDeleteKnow that you are in our prayers for continued healing and that your precious family is being lifted up for peace, comfort and strength for the days ahead. Our God is the Great Physician and he has HIS hand on you and your family. We thank the Lord for his grace and mercy and know that HE will be glorified through all of this.
Isaiah 41:10 says,
Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
How awesome that the Lord is holding YOU and your family with HIS righteous right hand!!!
Love & Blessings to all of you,
Bryan, Carol, Candice, Kristen & Courtney Collie
You, your family and the others involved have been on my heart since I saw the aftermath of the accident. I believe that the Lord is a powerful and faithful master! By His stripes we are healed, and by His grace we have peace during tough times. I will continue to pray for your healing, and for peace and comfort to surround you and your family until this journey is complete.
ReplyDeleteWow Carol...after all he's been through Andy's still as witty, charming, mischievous (plotting a Red Sox road trip !), and handsome as ever...
ReplyDeleteatta boy, Andy...God is good !
Julie
We don't know you, but we're praying for you and your family. God Bless You!
ReplyDeleteAndy,
ReplyDeleteWe wish you a full recovery and are glad to read that you are on the right path. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Marc, Liz, Asher, & Lyla Jacobson
Anonymous Said,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you. God bless you and your family.
May 26, 2009 9:27 PM
Andy, we are praying for a complete recovery, and peace and patience for you and your lovely family members.God speed.
ReplyDeleteEduardo Mendoza
To Andy and all the Ballard family, our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time. We are so glad to hear that Andy is imroving and that there is reason for optimism! May God bless and keep you all.
ReplyDeleteDon & Marsha Craford
Thanks to higher powers for keeping Andy safe and alive. I pray for his speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteAmer
May God Bless you and your family during this time. May God's miracles and grace be revealed each day during your recovery. Surviving such a terrible accident is a clear sign that God has a plan for Andy to continue here with his family by his side for a long time to come. May God Bless each of you as you aide him in his recovery.
ReplyDeleteCissy Sylo
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAndy, my family and I will be praying for you to recover soon. I'm very glad to see you doing better and thanks to your family for creating this blog to keep us inform of how you are doing.
ReplyDeleteDaniel Rodriguez
Andy and Carol,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you all! So glad to hear today's good report and trusting the Lord with you.
Love and blessings,
Mark and Jeanie Postell and family
Andy,
ReplyDeleteYou've been on my mind and in my prayers since I heard about the accident. I was so happy to read the latest update this morning on your amazing recovery. I will continue praying that your speedy recovery continues. Can't wait to see you back at the office!!
-Anna Martin (HDR co-worker)
The Matocha's will keep Andy lifted up in prayer, as well as the rest of the family. Karen and Monica have never met Stephanie but know how happy she has made Taylor. Taylor, we miss you!
ReplyDeleteAndy, we will keep praying for your TOTAL HEALING and know that God will use this situation to bring Glory to His name. We look forward to meeting you some day.
Karen John and Monica Matocha
Andy, Carol & family,
ReplyDeleteYou and your family have been in my prayers since I heard about the accident. I pray that you are fully recovered and that we see your smilling face soon.
Cindie Whitehead
I am praying for you Andy and for your family as they wait for news of your surgery. Hope the good news keeps coming!
ReplyDeleteAlso want to thank our blogger for helping us all to keep up to date with a friend during a difficult time.
Brooke Ullman
We are praying for you + your family!
ReplyDeleteBonnie W-T.
Andy,
ReplyDeleteThe Thompson family thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family for a fast and speedy recovery! It’s great to see you improving!
Travis, Candice & Tyler
Andy-
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for a speedy recovery...I need one of my favorite traffic engineers back in shape to help explain to me how signals don't create time!
Leroy
Dear Andy,
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and your family with peace and strength. We are all sure that you will get well soon.
Shamanth
Andy,
ReplyDeleteWe are all praying for a speedy recovery and are so thankful for the amazing progress you have been making. I had a voicemail from you in my mailbox that you left on Friday last week which I received on Tuesday morning. Can't help but listen to it repeatedly. Get well soon. Can't wait to see you. We all love you.
Carol, Stephanie, Phillip and Taylor,
Please let us know if there is anything we can do. We are all praying for Andy and his speedy recovery and can't wait to visit him soon. Thanks for the updates thru the blog.
~Rashed
Andy I am a friend of your son in law. We are praying for you and your family in our home daily. God be with you in your time of need.
ReplyDeleteJason Rodriguez and Family.
Hi Andy,
ReplyDeleteWe got word last night about your accident and though it was a shock, watching God work through this circumstance by way of this prayer wall alone is no surprise! We are grateful for the person that you are and for the work you willingly and joyfully do for the Lord. This is your time to rest and recoup and let God heal you in all the wonderful ways He does that! Our prayer is that you and your family are experiencing His love in more ways than you can imagine....that you will heal quickly... and that you all will find peace in God's protective arms as you trust Him to be your source in every moment and for everything.
Blessings, Duane & Katie Wallace
The TTI family is all here praying for your recovery. God bless you and your family.
ReplyDeletePlease know that we are all praying for Andy and wishing him a full and speedy recovery. May our Lord be with you all.
ReplyDeleteDear Andy, Carol and Family,
ReplyDeleteWe are all praying for your speedy recovery up here in North Texas. Hopefully, the only thing that will change in your life after your recovery is that you will set off metal detectors at airports like I do. Love Cousin David.
b1dsb01@verizon.net
Andy -
ReplyDeleteWanted to let you know that we are praying for you and your family as you get through this. Hang in there and remember that lots of people care about you.
Chris Callanen
Hello Andy, Carol, Stephanie, Philip and Taylor. Our son Stephen passed the news of Andy's accident along to us from Stephanie's Facebook. We're so sorry to hear this news but feel encouraged by the updates. As soon as we heard, prayers went up from here. We'll continue to lift all of you up for it affects the whole family. We love and miss you all. Glad to hear of Andy's humor. Hugs from the Elliots in DC.
ReplyDeleteANDY AND CAROL & FAMILY,
ReplyDeleteDIANE HAYS SAID
I REALLY FEEL LIKE I AM PART OF YOUR FAMILY.
YOUR MOM AND DAD ARE SO VERY SPECIAL TO ME.
WE ARE PRAYING FOR A COMPLETE RECOVERY AND
THANKING GOD IN ADVANCE. GOD IS SO GOOD. WE
HERE IN KERRVILLE AT FBC AND MANY OTHERS IN
HARLINGEN,TX. ARE PRAYINGTOO. GET WELL SOON!
Andy,
ReplyDeleteGet better soon. I know that God is wathcing over you and is keeping your family in His loving arms while you are healing. Thank you for all the things you do, You are a blessing to so many.
Carol,
Thank you for keeping everyone updated with this blog. Please know that the Lord is watching over you and the rest of your family.
Duane Wallace
Andy,
ReplyDeleteYou've been in my thoughts and prayers...I also let our WW friends and leaders know how you're doing...you better be counting those points on your hospital food....just kidding...you don't want to know!!!!
God is with you and he will pick you up
Maureen Roberts
Andy,
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord that He has been watching over you. You are one of His sons in which He has been well pleased. We are continuing to lift up you and you wife in our prayers. We know that the Lord will heal you and restore you. He still has great plans for you, so take this opportunity to rest up. Be blessed brother and we will see you soon.
P.S. If you didn't want to hear the teaching I was going to give, you could have just said so. LOL!!
Mark Foster
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your complete and quick recovery. May you and your family feel God's presence.
Gary Cain
Thank you, Taylor, for this Prayer Wall. His parents and I have not stopped praying for him.
ReplyDeleteWith love from his sister, Sarah.
To my old friend Andy (and I do mean old) and his perpetually young wife Carol, our thoughts and prayers are with you every minute. May God's love and grace wash over both of you and bring you comfort and healing.
ReplyDelete(You'll need the comfort when you see these pictures of you in a flowered hospital gown on the Internet.)
With love and deep concern,
Rick and Karla Denney
Andy -
ReplyDeleteGrace, mercy and peace to you! I am praying for you. I hope you are not in much pain.
I pray for quick healing and expedient recovery. I pray for you to experience a peace and comfort that surpasses all earthly understanding.
I pray that lives will be touched and hearts will be changed as a result of God's glory working in and through your life in this experience.
But mostly I hope and pray for you to have full and complete recovery: better than before!
God Bless you and your family during this time.
In Christ, Stan Ellis
Hey Uncle Andy & Aunt Carol, Steph & Taylor, and my Aggie cousin, Phil! I love ya'll oh so much, and I have been praying for God's hands to be placed upon each and every person who helps Andy. I have been praying for a strong peace of mind for everyone, and for quick healing for everyone - physically and emotionally. I have my College Station/Bryan & Houston friends praying. I also have my dads family praying. I love ya'll, and I will see ya'll soon!
ReplyDelete-Ellen
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear the surgery went well. My family and I will continue to pray for your rapid recovery. May you and your family continue to be surrounded by God's angels.
Mike McInturff
Andy,
ReplyDeleteWe missed you at group Tues night and we are in prayer for you and your family. You are truly in God's good graces. Relax in God's hands and let Him take control.
Vic Furches
Andy, hurry and get better. Everyone at HDR misses your smiley face and wacky sense of humor. We've had so many calls to see how you're doing that I know prayers and good thoughts are coming your way from HDR offices all over.
ReplyDeleteBetty Hopkins
Andy,
ReplyDeleteWe are all praying for your speedy recovery to continue! You are one tough traffic engineer!
Federico Mendoza
Andy,
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear about your progress. You and your family are in my prayers.
Leo
I've never posted a comment on a blog before, so I hope this works.
ReplyDeleteWe at the City have been monitoring this site, and we have been praying for Andy's speedy and full recovery. We miss him here.
Good luck, Andy.
Have been praying for you and will continue to. Please know that everyone in the office wants you back and is praying for your complete recovery. Do what they tell you to do. I know from experience. With all that metal, you can join me with my metal knee in the airport security wanding line.
ReplyDeleteTerry May
We are so thrilled to see our loving God answering our collective prayers for Andy to enjoy a full recovery and for Carol to be surrounded by God's comfort and peace!
ReplyDeleteAlthough the road to recovery is not finished we all have much reason to celebrate!
Much love from Scott & Dee Ann
Andy, hadn't heard about you in some time, but this was unexpected, especially to a great guy. I'm so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. You've got a great support group & family there for you. Our prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteMay the blessings be,
COSA/Pub Wks/Streets-Roni
Andy and Family,
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking about and praying for all of you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Jeremy
Andy,
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the Orange & White prayer partners (HA, HA) but I know you have had 5 Aggies(2 by choice) praying and giving thanks to GOD for your speedy recovery and for comfort and strength for your family. I praise God for each blog entry that tells of your improvment.
The Peeler & N. Boesl Families
Andy and Carol,
ReplyDeleteIt has been a long time since our days at the Wesley Foundation at A&M. My sister forwarded the news of your accident to me and I have passed it along to our old Wesley friends. You and your family have been in our prayers and We are glad to see that you are progressing right along. Your maroon and white count is growing in numbers.
Love,
Bruce and Sharon Sealy
Howdy Andy! I just got a chance to see this blog and it sounds like you've made some wonderful progress, Thank Jesus! You made me worry with the makin' comments about being in orange and white!!:o) All the guys at CBC are praying for you, and are ready to help out however we can! Gig Em'
ReplyDeleteAndy: I'm praying for your quick recovery. Know that He is aware of your plight, and that in time you will see Him work everything for good as crazy as that sounds now. I broke a leg in 2005 and have screws and plates, but never know they're there so be encouraged that when He heals, He really heals!!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and your family.
Hang in there, Andy. And I really like the burnt orange and white motif of your blog.
ReplyDeleteAndy it is so good to see that you are doing so much better. Carol's and your dedication to each other is so beautiful. Your mutual devotion to Christ is beautiful also. May God continue to watch over you and Carol and the kids.
ReplyDeleteThank God.
Taylor...thank-you so very much for this site to keep us posted. It was a tremendous resource of information to releive concern with the daily updates.
Thanks,
Jess M.
Being a loving and thouhtful sister, Sarah sent me an e mail Tuesday with the URL for Taylor's blog. David and family, Phil and family,Debra and Rich have all been alerted and are praying for your full recovery as well as for Carol, Stephanie, Phillip, and Taylor. I was in shock and tried to send a message to you at that time but lacked experience with the web! You have always been Christ centered, and I know our heavenly father's Love is surrounding you and your family. Please know we all love you and look forward to your full recovery. Aunt Joyce
ReplyDeleteAndy---We are so glad to hear that you're doing so much better now. We will continue to pray for you and your family everyday.
ReplyDeleteThis blogspot is a true testament to how important you are to all of us---friends, family, coworkers, and even your own competitors (LOL!)---that's how great a person you are and we can't wait to see you soon.
God Bless,
Mike Garza & The Pate Engr Staff
We are amazed at God's mercy and healing in Andy. We are praying for you all, the whole family, knowing that God will continue to draw you unto himself, renewing not only Andy but amkeing all of you a new creation, a living testament of our God.
ReplyDeleteWayne & Keli
Father God, you have all authority in Heaven and on Earth. You hold the universe in order by the authority of your Word. Lord, we ask you to remember your servant, Andy, and his family. In the name of Jesus, we invite you to enter into their domain, specifically, the domain that is Andy's body. Speak a word of restoration, that Andy and his family would be fully restored. Thank you Father.
ReplyDeleteDear Andy,
ReplyDeleteI just found out about this blog, and I see that you have been making jokes. I know a little about brain injury, and making jokes is a higher order executive function, so that means your brain is working pretty well. Keep making jokes! Laughter is the best medicine, and you will never have a better audience. You will get more laughs than you ever expected, because everyone is so relieved that you still have a sense of humor after a truck fell on your head. Be sure the nurse is listening when you say something funny, and then maybe he or she will write it in the chart. This will be a permanent record of how funny you are. Also, if you can demonstrate that your brain is working by making jokes, they may move you to a quieter part of the hospital. It is difficult to get any rest with all those beepers and buzzers going off. Here’s another idea: if you want to have a little fun with the nurses and doctors, you can pretend to have unusual neurological symptoms that they have never encountered before. For example, if they ask you to name 3 states, pronounce them backwards, like this: “Saxet, Amohalko, Anaisiuol.” Or if they ask you where you live, give the address of the hospital or the address of the person who is asking you the question, if you can find that out in advance. You can also give a nonsensical answer and then ask the nurse to whisper the question in your other ear and give the correct answer. If this note is being read aloud to you in your hospital room, I hope the nurse is listening. Nurses are the backbone of the hospital, and the only health care professionals who truly put the patient first. There, that should put the nurse’s mind at ease and I can get on with my advice. It is a good idea to stay on the nurse’s good side at all times. If the nurse is looking a little tired or fatigued, you can say, “You look incredible in that outfit.” This works for men and women, even if they are wearing the same old pair of scrubs that they wore yesterday. I should say that if you make up too many crazy symptoms, the neurologist may come back to see you. A neurologist can usually figure out if you are making things up. However, you can still have some fun by complaining of pain in unusual places, like your hair or your toenails. There aren’t any nerve endings in the hair or toenails, of course, but it is difficult to argue with a patient about pain. I am only half kidding about all of this. Nurses and doctors are great people, but it never hurts to remind them that you are a real person and not just a disease in a bed. They don’t mind being reminded. It makes them feel like they are really doing some good, which they are. Sandra and I are adding our prayers to those of your family and friends, but if you don’t get 100% better right way, please keep in mind that we are Methodists and we are praying as hard as we can. Cousin Tom
Carol, we are praying for all of you. The brain is an amazing organ cuz an AMAZING God designed it! Remember our niece that was in an awful wreck? She is 100% ok these years later and she had had a severe brain injury. Just a reminder of what you all already know that God is still in the miracle business. Thank you for the witness you are to God's grace. You are loved, Amil, Lynne, Brad & Ashley Ortiz
ReplyDeleteDear Cousin Andy,
ReplyDeleteYou're in our thoughts each day, and we pray for your rapid recovery. That you've been moved to the rehab unit already is a good sign of the progress you're making. We thank Taylor for setting up this blog to keep everyone posted.
Love,
Debra (Ballard) and Rich Homa
Precious Ones,
ReplyDeleteWhat a mighty God we serve!
What a privilege it is to pray for all of you.
Carol, how can I help? I'm here in S.A. until the middle of June. I will do anything to help you. My forte is, as always, manual labor. For you, though, I'll even try to muster up talent. I love you so much.
Stephanie, Phillip, and Taylor, I love y'all so much, too. I'm hoping to get to hug each of you sometime this summer. Please make sure my name is at the top of the list of "folks to go to when you need something."
When you called that Saturday, Carol, I was so frightened all I could pray was, "Jesus, please." I repeated that over and over and over.
As Bob prayed for Andy,in the waiting room, he used the phrase "in Jesus' name" so many times.
Since then, I find myself speaking the name of Jesus throughout the day: for Andy, for you, for my family, for all of us.
Love, love, love,
Bev Still
Hi! I just can't stop praying for you peeps! I just love you all so much!
ReplyDeleteI have also enjoyed reading other comments posted (even though they are not written to me, but to you)...and, I did notice the recent change in blog colors...burnt orange to a maroon if I am not mistaken.
hehe
Get better, Andy!
Andy,
ReplyDeleteYou have been in our thoughts and prayers every day. We are so thankful for the healing that is taking place and we pray that the Lord will restore you to full health very soon. We are also praying for Carol and your kids as we know this has been such an emotional time for them all. (We are friends of the Gahm family.)
God bless you.
Jack and Cheryl Martin
Dear Andy, Carol and family,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for complete healing and restoration from our Lord. Our thoughts are with you as we continue to hold you all in prayer. Linda Scruggs
Father God, You are the Everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. You never grow weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of Your understanding. You give power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
ReplyDeleteLord, Andy needs strength and is weak because of his injury. I pray that You would grant power and strength to Andy and to each of his family members whom wait on You.(Isaiah 40:29)
I just wanted to let you know that I am still praying for your speedy and full recovery. You are loved, by those on Earth and by our heavenly father.
ReplyDeleteJosh King
Thinking about you all. I know this is a tough time. Let me know if I can help in any way. I know it's hard to ask others to do things if you need it done, but just tell taylor to hit me up if you all need some help :)
ReplyDelete~Jonny Hawkins
Andy,
ReplyDeleteWhat great blessings God has given you - not only a wonderful wife and children, but friends, doctors and caregivers. I see genuine heartfelt wishes from people that I did not know had a heart (jk!) I do believe that God put that caring heart in all of us and times like these reveal it.
We are so thankful to Taylor for keeping us informed.
As someone said, please don't let the inevitable temporary setbacks cause you to despair. If I find out that you did, I'll come there, invite you to lunch and then let you pay (inside joke).
Call on me for anything, old friend.
Godspeed to all of you!
Bill Stockton
Andy, Carol:
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to read about the steady progress Andy is making. Thinking back to the Sunday after the accident when I got Carol's call it is hard to believe how much progress you have made Andy. Just as I shared in the sadness and despair when getting the news of the accident I am so happy and grateful that I can now rejoice in the good news.
God Bless! Get well soon - you are missed at work.
Carmen F.
Dear Ballards -
ReplyDeleteStill praying for you! Carol - know that you were greatly missed the last week of school.
-VICKI COREY
Andy, I take back what I said about teasing the doctors. It's too strenuous. I imagine getting well will be your full time job for a while. I hope you get plenty of rest.
ReplyDeleteCousin Tom
This is encouraging news that Andy is making such good progress and will be able to go home. PTL!! We will continue to lift all of you up as you enter this new phase of healing. Love to all. David and Holly Elliot
ReplyDeleteAndy, we are so glad to see how God is answering prayers. The big crisis is behind you now, but there will be little ones to come, and much to endure. God will be with you then, too. And so will all our thoughts and prayers. Have peace, good friend.
ReplyDeleteRick Denney (again)
WE know that God answers prayers in his own way and time. It sounds as if our many prayers are being answered - it is wonderful to know that Andy is well enough to go home. I will continue to pray for Andy's full recovery and strength for the family to be well through these challenging times.
ReplyDeleteAndy I appreciate you and have been and will continue to pray for your recovery and the well being of your family. I hope to see you in good spirits soon.
ReplyDeleteMichael G
Hi Andy,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to read about your recovery and how great you are doing. Will continue to pray for your quick recovery. Hope to see you soon.
Tejas
Andy,
ReplyDeleteStill thinking of you often brother. It's great to see that you've made it home and are progressing well. It's always good to be home! Look forward to seeing you. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Paul Luedtke
Andy,
ReplyDeleteI think about how your doing everyday and I have been praying for you. I am glad to see that God has answered my prayers and that you are recovering just fine. Miss seeing you around!! See you soon!! God bless!!
Nick Manley
Dear Ballards, what an ordeal! I know firsthand how overwhelming all of this can be. Doctors, doctors and more doctors--the appointments can seem never ending. But know this, they will end. One day this will be over and you will realize that the Lord has given you a story to tell about His goodness, faithfulness, never ending strength, and about the love that you have experienced through your friends, family and total strangers. Our duty is to tell that story and never forget who brought us through. Blessings to you all, keep strong, find your sense of humor in this and know that we are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteYour fellow sufferers and celebraters in Christ, The Jack Family
ps our car was committed to the trash heap, too. wonders never cease!
Andy & Carol,
ReplyDeleteI pray for your continued improvement daily. I would love to hear how you are doing.
Lane Peeler